MBS Business Systems is pleased to announce that Konica Minolta has received three Buyers Laboratory LLC (BLI) 2015 Production PRO Picks for its bizhub series of production print devices.
The award-winning products and the reasons for their selection are:
Outstanding Monochrome Light- to Mid-Volume Production Device: Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS 1052
According to BLI, the bizhub PRESS 1052 offers an excellent blend of everything that’s most important in monochrome production environment, not only is it highly productive, but it offers excellent media-handling capabilities. Analysts noted that the bizhub PRESS 1052 matched or surpassed competitors in nearly every one of almost 20 speed tests, earning BLI’s highest 5-star rating for productivity.
For the speed, quality and cost-efficiency your production applications demand, you need a true print professional: the bizhub PRESS 1052. With 105 ppm B&W print/copy output, tandem print capability and a monthly duty cycle of 2,000,000 impressions, you’ll have the power to handle high-volume corporate, quick-print and commercial jobs with ease. Advanced digital technology and Konica Minolta’s exclusive Simitri® HD toner combine to give you high-resolution detail with precise, stable image quality over long press runs. Professional-grade inline finishing options let you handle complex job specs on tight turnaround–and a powerful built-in print controller and large onboard 15” color touch-screen make operation simple.
bizhub PRESS 1052 Key Features:
- 105 ppm in high-resolution B&W
- 2,000,000 page monthly volume
- 14,000-sheet maximum paper capacity
- Pro-quality inline finishing options
- High-speed B&W print/copy output of 125 ppm B&W, with Reversing Auto Document Feeder for fast scanning of hard-copy originals
- 1200 x 1200 DPI with 256 gray shades for sharper text, denser fills and smoother halftone images
- Real-time Image Density and Toner Ratio sensors maintain image stability over long digital press runs
- Large 15” color touch-screen display for simple on-board digital press control with optional preview
- 14,000-sheet maximum paper capacity to handle the longest digital press runs with less reloading
- bizhub PRESS 1052 accepts paper sizes up to 13” x 19.2” and weights up to 350 gsm, with air suction paper feed option to “float” paper for smooth feeding
- Built-in print controller with PCL, PostScript, PDF and TIFF support
Outstanding Monochrome Mid- to High-Volume Production Device: Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS 2250P
BLI called the bizhub PRESS 2250P an excellent and cost-effective choice for organizations entering the short-run book printing market. BLI noted the tandem-engine 2250P’s impressive paper handling, performance on A3 and larger media, where it surpassed the competition and approached the performance of some devices with higher rated speeds. Analysts also noted the 2250P’s strong productivity and a wide range of adjustments to help achieve optimum image quality.
bizhub PRESS 2250P Overview: The bizhub® PRESS 2250P can be a game-changing digital solution for high-volume B&W production demands – with dual print engines in a single space-saving configuration, duplex output up to 250 ppm, and pro-quality inline finishing options that include saddle-stitching, perfect binding, GBC binding and more.
bizhub PRESS 2250p Key Features:
- 250 ipm duplex output for demanding production environments
- True 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution with improved accuracy
- Image density and toner ratio sensors maintain stability
- Enhanced screening sharpens text, photos, graphics
- Simitri® HD toner with Biomass to protect the environment
- 18,000-Sheet maximum paper capacity with options
- Air suction paper feed option “floats” paper for smooth feed
- Accepts a wide range of media, from 40 gsm up to 350 gsm
- Options for perfect-binding, saddle stitching and multi-folding
- GBC punching unit and auto ring binder options
- Modular all-in-one finisher option for tight spaces
- Built-in print controller with pcl, postscript, tiff, pdf
Outstanding Color Mid-Volume Production Device: Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C1100
BLI said that the bizhub PRESS C1100 is “clearly one of the best production devices in this class” that it has evaluated, giving it at least 4½ stars in every test category. According to BLI, with an impressive all-around performance, the bizhub PRESS C1100 would be a good fit in mid-volume production environments regardless of whether productivity, image quality, media handling or ease of use is the main concern.
bizhub PRESS C1100 Overview: The high-speed bizhub® PRESS C1100 sets a new standard in digital productivity, producing 5,000 or more sides per hour – saving space on your production floor and reducing time and labor costs by incorporating powerful inline finishing options, simple setup and familiar PC-like operation with hand-held mouse.
bizhub PRESS c1100 Overview:
- 100 ppm color output
- 1,000,000 sheet monthly volume
- 8-bit image rendering, true 1,200 x 1,200 dpi
- 13,890-sheet maximum paper capacity
- Color press with an industry-leading output of 100 ppm in color and B&W
- 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution with 8-bit processing for smoother, more realistic color images to rival offset printing at a fraction of the cost
- SEAD IV Screen-Enhancing Active Digital Processing System that continuously maintains image stability over long press runs
- G7 grayscale calibration, enabling color output to look the same and be reproducible on other G7 equipment on various substrates and in different locations
- Enhanced Simitri® HDE toner for superior halftone and skin-tone reproduction, with biomass plant-based material to reduce environmental impact
- 13,890-sheet maximum paper capacity for long press runs without interruption
- Accepts paper sizes up to 13” x 19.2” and weights from 55 to 350 gsm with smooth-running vacuum paper feed mechanism
- Versatile inline finishing options to suit any production need, including perfect binding, saddle stitching and ring binding
BLIis an independent company that evaluates office document equipment and solution products. The PRO awards go to the best performers in BLI’s production field tests. These evaluations entail three full days of intensive testing during which tens of thousands of impressions are printed, shedding light on how these devices perform in real world applications.
“We are honored by these three Production PRO Awards and the very high ratings all three of our production print devices received from BLI,” says Kevin Kern, senior vice president, Marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. “These devices continue a winning year for Konica Minolta, starting in January with the announcement that we received BLI’s 2014 A3 MFP Line of the Year for an unprecedented fourth year in a row and continuing through 6 Summer Picks. Each accolade is proof that we are a leader in both the light-production and high-end market segments and can exceed customer expectations.”
Looking to lease or purchase a new printer? MBS Business Systems has a great selection of office copiers and printers for you to choose from. With locations in Salinas CA and the San Jose and Bay Area, MBS has what you need.
Contact us for a free quote.